hostextinfo being ignored

carole verdon verdon at cict.fr
Wed Jul 7 11:08:09 CEST 2004

I added in my cgi.cfg this line:
xedtemplate_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/HostExtInfo.cfg

But nagios don't take into account. I think that it's due to the fact
that i configured nagios to put extented information in a database.

For the path of logos, i modified it the NagMIN Module Config as you
tell me. Now, it's ok.

For the changes in 'Host Extended Information' table of Nagmin, even
after click on 'activate' button, the modifications that i have made
don't take into account.

For example, i deleted the template that i created in 'Host Extented
Template' table. Then, i modified the 'Host Extended Information' table
and click on 'activate' button. If i edit the
/usr/local/nagios/etc/HostExtInfo.cfg, i see that the template (named
'linux') is always present:

$ more HostExtInfo.cfg
## NagMIN Configuration File
(/usr/local/nagmin-2.1.0/nagios/HostExtInfo.cfg) for Host
## Generated Wed Jul  7 10:21:19 2004
## NagMIN Configuration File
(/usr/local/nagmin-2.1.0/nagios/HostExtInfo.cfg) for HostExtInfo
## Generated Wed Jul  7 10:21:19 2004
define hostextinfo {
    host_name    aurore.cict.fr
    icon_image    sun40.gif
    icon_image_alt    Sun Server
    statusmap_image    sun.gd2
}
define hostextinfo {
    host_name    gw1-mail.cict.fr
    icon_image_alt    Mail Gateway
    2d_coords    110,80
}
define hostextinfo {
    host_name    lambi.cict.fr
    icon_image_alt    NIS Server
    2d_coords    100.0,50.0
}
define hostextinfo {
    use    linux
    host_name    ns2.cict.fr
    icon_image    linux40.gif
    icon_image_alt    ns2
    statusmap_image    linux40.png
    2d_coords    10,15
}
define hostextinfo {
    use    linux
    host_name    servmail.univ-tlse2.fr
    2d_coords    40,30
}
define hostextinfo {
    host_name    telline.cict.fr
    icon_image    hpux.png
    icon_image_alt    HPUX Server
    statusmap_image    hpux.gif
    2d_coords    100,60
}
define hostextinfo {
    host_name    vae.cict.fr
    icon_image    linux40.jpg
    icon_image_alt    Linux Server
    statusmap_image    linux40.png
    2d_coords    50,10
}
## NagMIN Configuration File
(/usr/local/nagmin-2.1.0/nagios/HostExtInfo.cfg) for HostExtTemplate