nagios execution of notify commands, debugging the exact command being run

Duncan Robertson duncan.robertson at vsl.com.au
Wed Jul 7 09:46:26 CEST 2004

Hi,

We are running nagios and it is all working quite well, except some (but
not all) sms notifications are not sent (though the log says they are).
We are using sms_client as the sending mechanism, and it works quite
well run from command line as nagios user. I suspect it is the generated
alert string being fed to it is something it doesn't like for one class
of machines -

- but is there a way to turn on the logging so I can see the exact
command being executed on notify so I can debug it?

My usual way of solving this (strace) doesnt want to play, for some
reason strace doesnt want to latch onto the nagios process either. This
is on redhat 9, nagios 1.2 (from DAG rpm).

--

Duncan Robertson
System Administrator
email: duncan.robertson at vsl.com.au
IMPORTANT - This e.mail and any attachments may be confidential. Any
retransmissions, dissemination or other use of these materials by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If
opening or using attachments, check them for viruses and defects. Our
liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. [Any
representations or opinions expressed in this e.mail are those of the
individual sender, and not necessarily those of Vision Systems Limited].