Perl module for log parsing

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Jul 7 04:38:55 CEST 2004

Hi --

I've been searching the Net, and found perl modules for parsing the Nagios
configuration files and the status log, but nothing for parsing the activity
log (and multiple archives of it).  Therefore, I've written one...  this
should allow some Perl-based history reporting tools.

What I'm asking is --
1) has someone already done this, and I'm reinventing the wheel
2) anyone want a beta copy of the modules to try out?
3) anyone want to make some suggestions about useful extraction formats?

Already I have
1) Nagios::ActLog object
2) extract list of record hashes by filter (alerts only)
3) extract XML of records by filter (alerts only)
4) (in progress) extract summary of time up/down/scheduled/etc by filter

Thoughts?

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **