periodic reports as PDF

Don Badrak dbadrak at tco.census.gov
Tue Jul 6 20:12:01 CEST 2004

All,

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Don Badrak wrote:

> Jeryi,
>
> On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Jeyri Bautista wrote:
>
> > Hi, I installed the Acrobat Reader Full Version, and when I am in the web
> > pages of trends for example I select the File menu, Print and select Adobe
> > PDF.
>
> Yeah, I've done that manually.  I'd like to script the process, so it
> happens automatically, and then emails the reports to people.  I can also
> print to PS from Mozilla, then convert that with ps2pdf.

> > > What I'd like to do is run a cron job at the beginning of the month, and
> > > get the availability for a host group for the last month.  I've got the
> > > parameters figured out for the CGI, but what is causing me problems is
> > > getting the output format properly.
> > >
> > > I can get the HTML.  What I want to do is make that into PDF, and keep the
> > > colors in the chart.
> > >
> > > I've tried a couple html2ps, htmldoc, and HTML_ToPDF.  None of them see to
> > > preserve the colors in the availability chart.

Using htmldoc, it's not possible to preserve the colors provided by the
style sheets.  According to the htmldoc site, CSS isn't yet supported,
they're working on it, and they don't have a date.

See http://www.easysw.com/espnews.php?s22+ghtmldoc.general+v27.

Thanks to all for your assistance.

Don
--
Don Badrak <dbadrak at census.gov>              301.763.5534 work
Telecommunications Office                    301.457.4438 fax