notifications not useful

Marco Borsani m.borsani at it.net
Mon Jul 5 17:07:34 CEST 2004

Hi everybody !

I have following problem with my technicians.

I have many check_tcp on same host. When CRITICAL messages arrive (via
epager or via mail) the technicians can't see which ports have problems
because the only information that they read is:
"Socket timeout after 10 seconds"
We have not the same problem when they receive OK messages because in that
kind of messages NAGIOS write the port number:
"TCP OK - 0.012 second response time on port 8080"

Actually I can't modify "service name" (that could solve this problem
putting the port number inside it!), have you got any idea about this
situation?

Regards

Marco