Event ID

Horvath Tamas zsitfa at axelero.hu
Sat Jul 3 20:36:01 CEST 2004

Hi Folks!

I would like to add a unique event ID for every notifications. I wrote a
script which combines PID of the a notification process with the actual
time (in timet format).

It works good, but I have one problem: almost every notification goes
out in two froms: e-mail and SMS. I couldn't figure out how can I send
the same ID in the two notification instances (SMS and E-Mail).

Does anybody use a similar solution? As I know Nagios can't provide a
unique ID for its notification? Is it right?

Thanks in advance, Tamas!