Host DOWN alerts not passing pluging output

Alex Burger alex at fragit.net
Thu Jul 1 04:07:00 CEST 2004

Alex Burger wrote:
> Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>
>> --On Monday, June 28, 2004 2:56 PM -0400 Alex Burger <alex at fragit.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> It looks like check_ping is expecting the 'From 10.36.39.219 icmp_seq=1
>>> Destination Host Unreachable' message to be sent to STDERR from ping,
>>> but
>>> on my system it goes to STDOUT.
.
(snip)
.

>> Have you filed a bug in the Nagios bug tracker (although be aware you
>> may not hear anything on bugs filed there for many months)?
>

> The first thing I did was look for a bug tracker, but I couldn't find
> one.  There are no trackers on the SF page and I see no mention of a bug
> tracking system on the home page.  I found an email from Ethan in the
> dev list (Jan '04) saying to post bugs directly to nagios-devel.  Is
> that still the best way?  I'll post it to the list anyways.

I just found that there is a plugins bug tracker, which is where this
belongs..  I forgot that they were separate projects..

I found an existing bug report with the same problem, so I added my
findings to it.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=946857&group_id=29880&atid=397597

Thanks

Alex