does anyone have an example of using check_snmp?

stan stanb at panix.com
Sat Jan 31 13:45:07 CET 2004

I'm a first time Nagios user. Jut getting it set up (with some help from an
experienced user). I'm running it on FreeBSD STABLE built from the port.

I've got it working to check some stuff, and I want to increase the amount
of things I'm checking with it.

Specificly I want to check cpu load, and disk space, an perhaps network
load, on machines remote to the Nagios server.

It appears that the plugin I need to use for this is check_snmp, Is this
correct?

If it is could anyone give me an example of how to configure
checkcommands.cfg and services.cfg to use check_snmp?

Thanks.

And thanks to all the developers for such a professional looking product!

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin