updating Nagios config manually with NagMIN

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Jan 30 04:59:03 CET 2004

    Matthew> My script currently adds new hosts and associated stuff.  Due
    Matthew> to the rather dynamic nature of our clients and our satellite
    Matthew> terminals we have a need to frequently update hostnames and IP
    Matthew> addresses in nagios. As my role is effectively as an external
    Matthew> consultant and I'm not in the office, I currently handle
    Matthew> updates on a weekly basis.  My boss would like to be able to do
    Matthew> minor updates in the office, which means we need NagMIN (as
    Matthew> those doing the updates will be non-tech/non-sysadmin people)

We use NagMIN.  When I have a large number of changes or a wide-ranging
change I simply dump the SQL, edit the SQL directly and reload it.  I wish
NagMIN allowed me to lock the database so I could do that safely.  You
should have it easier.  Just rewrite your scripts to interact with MySQL
instead of fiddling the config files.

--
Skip Montanaro
Got gigs? http://www.musi-cal.com/submit.html