check_log issues

nagios at acmecargo.com nagios at acmecargo.com
Fri Jan 30 18:57:43 CET 2004

I am having some issues working check_log into my Nagios 1.1 install. I am
able to run the plugin manually, but when I run it through Nagios, the
plugin reports it can't find the log file.

RUNNING MANUALLY:
libexec/check_log -F /var/log/HOSTS/ns2/ns2.syslog -O /tmp/ns2.syslog -q lame
Log check ok - 0 pattern matches found

NAGIOS:
Log check error: Log file /var/log/HOSTS/ns2/ns2.syslog does not exist!

CONFIGS:

# 'check_log' command definition
define command{
         command_name    check_log
         command_line    $USER1$/check_log -F $ARG1$ -O $ARG2$ -q $ARG3$
         }

# Service definition
define service{
         use                             generic-service         ; Name of
service template to use
         host_name                       sysmon
         service_description             LOGcheck TEST
         is_volatile                     0
         check_period                    24x7
         max_check_attempts              3
         normal_check_interval           2
         retry_check_interval            1
         contact_groups                  linux-admins
         notification_interval           240
         notification_period             24x7
         notification_options            n
         check_command
check_log!/var/log/HOSTS/ns2/ns2.syslog!/tmp/ns2.syslog!lame
         }

What am I doing wrong?

Dylan