Monitor disk use info !!!

Paul L. Allen pla at softflare.com
Wed Jan 28 20:22:12 CET 2004

Yohann DESQUERRE (DSI NOISIEL) writes:

> I would know if it's possible to have only the saturated fs in the
> message send back from check_disk instead of have a long list of all fs
> on the system it's very tedious to have to look for which is saturated
> in it

Four solutions.

1) Run check_disk against each partition individually.  Then the one that
is full is shown in red.  The disadvantage is that if you add another
disk with more partitions you have to remember to add them to Nagios.

2) Take the existing plugin, give it a new name, and modify the code
to do what you want.  Do not be tempted to submit your modification
to the plugin developers using the original name unless you add
an optional switch that gives the behaviour you want, because some of us
like the present behaviour.

3) Live with the current output.  Unless your disks frequently get full
you're not going to have the terrible difficulty of reading that long
list very often.

4) To fix the problem by deleting unwanted junk, you'll have to login
to the box with the full partition.  Learn what the command df does and
use it after you've logged into the box with the full.partition instead
of trying to read the information from the web page.

--
Paul Allen
Softflare Support