service dependency

Neil neil-on-nagios at restricted.dyndns.org
Wed Jan 28 17:46:10 CET 2004

Hi Jason,

So the purpose of servicedependency is to hold back notifications. Now, my
question is, why would we not want to receive emails from nagios when the
depended upon service fails? Like in my previous scenario, I still want to
know if mysql-svc failed.

I hope, the functionality I mentioned can be implemented in the future. If
was just a good programmer, I would love to contribute. :(

Thanks again.