Plugins

Thilanka thilanka at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 28 17:13:12 CET 2004

I posted this question but I have not seen it on the mailing list. Hopefully

this is not dumb question even. Do you have to compile the plugins on the

remote hosts or can you just copy the plugins that you have compiled on the

nagios host and put them in a directory (e.g. /usr/local/nagios/libexec) Now, I

am thinking that plugins will have to compiled on the remote host in order for

it to make it compatible with OS of the remote host, but the on the otherhand

if you have to compile the plugins on the remote host wihtout copying them from

the Nagios host, I can see some admins frowning on that idea if the remote host

is in production. Can someone please clear this out for me? Thank you for all

your help. This is the second attempt at posting this question. I hope there

are no filters to filter out dumb questions, in case this is a dumb one.

Thilanka