Bug: NSCA 2.4 on OS X 10.3

Noah Leaman noah at mac.com
Tue Jan 27 23:19:07 CET 2004

On Jan 27, 2004, at 10:27 AM, Mark Ferlatte wrote:

> Try turning off encryption entirely for now; until there's data
> flowing,
> there's no point in making it harder to figure out what's going on.

OK. set encryption_method=0

> No, that should say 1 data packet(s).

So maybe the problem IS with the send_nsca...

MyTiBook:~ noah$ /bin/echo -e "host.domain.com\tPing\t0\tPING OK -
Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 443.71 ms\n" | /Users/noah/nsca/send_nsca -H
127.0.0.1 -c /Users/noah/nsca/send_nsca.cfg
0 data packet(s) sent to host successfully.

> Can you turn off encryption, and ktrace both nsca and send_nsca at the
> same
> time?

I will run the ktrace on nsca when I get into work in a few... not sure
I am going to run it on send_nsca though since the PID  is what I used
to to a ktrace on and the PID for send_nsca is only around for sec...
do you or anyone know how I can maybe pipe the PID into ktrace  on the
command line when running it?

--
Noah