paul allen's link

ChuckDock cjdock at excite.com
Tue Jan 27 15:00:04 CET 2004

Paul, I went to that link you posted. It had very valid points about proper list posting in a hackers circle. I'm not a "rules" person, who cares if someone posts a stupid question. If someone else wants to answer it, making life a little easier then why should that affect you? By you bitching about questions that people ask, people get intimidated and then stop asking questions.

Your a smart guy and a good resource to this post but you are to emotional about what people ask. You write more on what people shouldn't ask than answers to questions. How about chilling out and

just use this list if you have a question or an answer. What may be a dumb question to you could be useful to a other people on this list.

This is from that link:

In the world of hackers, the kind of answers you get to your technical questions depends as much on the way you ask the questions as on the difficulty of developing the answer. This guide will teach you how to ask questions in a way that is likely to get you a satisfactory answer.

Whatever...I don't feel like this forum has to abide by "the world of hackers" Were just regular folks helping each other.

This part of the paper kinda paints a picture of you that I can relate to!

(Some people assert that many hackers have a mild form of autism or Asperger Syndrome, and are actually missing some of the brain circuitry that lubricates `normal' human social interaction.

I'm sure your going to pick this all apart with your "my message"

then your smart ass answer, how about getting over it and just moving on....