check_nt

Neil neil-on-nagios at restricted.dyndns.org
Tue Jan 27 02:05:51 CET 2004

Hi guys,

I have some small issues too with check_nt. On my windows server, I
installed pnsclient.exe.

I tried the 3 examples of check_nt that came with the documentation and it
worked on my unix machine. I was able to get stats from the windows box.

I tried to retrieve a COUNTER and it worked too. But I am having a problem
getting performance counter on my windows xp's NIC. The one that I am having
problems with is Network Interface, Bytes Total/sec and the interface name
is Intel[R]PRO_100VE Network Connection - Packet Scheduler Miniport. I just
always get a zero.

This is how I executed it.

./check_nt -H 192.168.1.3 -p 1248 -v COUNTER -l "\\Network
Interface(Intel[R]PRO_100VE Network Connection - Packet Scheduler
Miniport)\Bytes Total/sec","Bytes total/sec: %.2f"

Bytes total/sec: 0.00

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Neil