Status Map and 3-D Status Map

Frank Pikelner pikelner at rogers.com
Mon Jan 26 22:44:52 CET 2004

3-D Status Map
==============

Although initially this looks like a nice feature I've found this to be both
slow and unusable when managing hundreds of nodes. I'm curious if I'm alone
in this observation or maybe using a system that is not optimized for
viewing this information. Are there people that use this feature regularly?
If yes, for what?

Also is there a way to improve the quality of text in the 3-D map?

Status Map

Are there any solutions, other than manual plotting of nodes, to arrange
hundreds of nodes on the map without them clustered on top of each other?
For those that are working with v2.0 are there any new options? My only
solution at this point is using the BALANCED TREE method of displaying the
map - just wish there was a better way such as the Circular with better
spacing.

Cheers,

Frank Pikelner