No username login

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Sat Jan 24 17:21:08 CET 2004

Jamie Baddeley <mailto:jamie.baddeley at vpc.co.nz> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have tested this and can confirm this works well. Make sure you
> change cgi.cfg appropriately.

Cool. That's good to hear =)

> root at noc:~# cat /etc/nagios/apache.conf
>
> # BEGIN FOR NAGIOS
> # Bug 160681 and 162986 say that the ScriptAlias should be
> #       /cgi-bin/nagios
> # but some reports, 164925, (and the default config) say # that it
> should be #       /nagios/cgi-bin
> # Anyone having problems with this, PLEASE dig deeper in WHY # it
> won't work for you... #
> # I'm enabling BOTH, just to be sure!

Which you choose is solely dependent on how you have nagios installed
and how you get to it from the web. A couple of examples:

If your main httpd document root is /var/www and the nagios cgi's are in
/var/www/nagios/cgi-bin/ then your scriptalias needs to bin
/nagios/cgi-bin.

If your main httpd document root is /var/www and the nagios cgi's are in
/var/www/cgi-bin/nagios/ then your scriptalias needs to be
/cgi-bin/nagios.

If you've made a virtual host out of nagios and set it's DocumentRoot
specifically to /usr/local/nagios then your scriptalias needs to be
simply /cgi-bin ala

NameVirtualHost *
<VirtualHost *>
ServerName your.nagios.url.net
ServerAlias alternative.nagios.url.net
Serveradmin noc at yourdomain.net
DocumentRoot /usr/local/nagios/share
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/usr/local/nagios/sbin/"

<Directory /usr/local/nagios/sbin>
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Options ExecCGI
    Satisfy All