Bug: Redhat 9: Compile Problem:

Karl R. Balsmeier karl at sfdata.net
Fri Jan 23 21:50:04 CET 2004

I woke up thinking the same thing, gcc's not actually on the system.  Thanks
Marc for verifying that, indeed, that's what it was.

here's what I did to fix it:

http://www.hut.fi/~tkarvine/yum-package-manager.html
installed Yum per the above link:

rpm -Uvh yum*.noarch.rpm
rpm --import /usr/share/doc/yum-*/Fedora-GPG-KEY
rpm --import /usr/share/doc/yum-*/RPM-GPG-KEY

Install gcc:

yum install gcc

I encountered a problem getting out on HTTP, which yum uses, due to a proxy
firewall, so in bash I typed:

export http_proxy=http://myproxy.mynet.com:80

Now it's crunching away and installing gcc, yum is downloading *alot* of
headers, but should complete at some reasonable time.  Let's hope this will
fix the compile error, more soon....

-krb

--
Karl R. Balsmeier