Integrating Nagios with MRTG

jeff vier jeff.vier at tradingtechnologies.com
Fri Jan 23 01:37:02 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 17:22, Mohammad Ghaeini wrote:
> Is there any documentation on how to integrate Nagios with MRTG?  I would
> appreciate any advice on this subject.  Thank you.

I personally use Apan to make RRDs via Nagios, as well as use the RRD
'mode' in MRTG then use Cacti to display both.

You could then reference the Cacti page in your Nagios config to display
the extinfo, thus re-integrating it.  I have been meaning to take this
last step, there's just a lot to change (several hundred RRD-tracked
services) and, thus, a lot to break should I botch something in the
script to change them all over.

When I finally do, though, I'll post the conversion script to change
from standard Apan graphs to cacti graphs, if I can distill it down to a
usable script.  I *really* hope I don't discover I have to do it by hand
for some reason.