NSCA daemon never writes to nagios.cmd or nsca.dump

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Jan 23 00:12:39 CET 2004

I'm not familiar with issues on OSX in particular but the distributed
model does work on other unices and the type of error you're seeing is
usually related to security restrictions either within nsca or inetd/TCP
wrappers (or the OSX equivalent). If you have debug turned on (and it
looks like you do), you would see a lot more information in your syslog
if it was progressing beyond that initial IP/password/encryption check.

If you're really desparate, you might try to find an OSX equivalent of
strace/truss to actually attach to the process and see what it's doing.

--
Marc

On Thursday, January 22, 2004 4:41 PM, Noah Leaman shared with us: