parents question again

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at stanford.edu
Thu Jan 22 21:02:03 CET 2004

--On Thursday, January 22, 2004 2:58 PM -0500 Matt Pounsett
<matt.pounsett at cira.ca> wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>
>> Okay, good point, you don't get the network dependency there. ;)  You
>> still  get the correct mapping for the two nagios servers though, which
>> is really  what I want more than anything.
>
> Right.. but if you're not getting dependancies, then you've broken the way
> the parent/child relationship is intended to work.

Well, you still won't get this with how nagios currently works right now,
anyway, because you draw the parent/child relationships as they go to
Nagios, not how they are dependant on one another.  Using your own example,
if my one and only nagios server is on switch 2, which is dependant on
switch 1, switch 2 would still need to be the parent of switch 1 for Nagios
to function correctly.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount