parents question again

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Thu Jan 22 20:39:57 CET 2004

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> And as usual, this dependency tree fails immediately if you have multiple
> nagios servers for redundancy purposes, that are located in disparate
> locations (part of the whole idea behind redundancy).  I seriously think
> how parents are handled in Nagios need to be re-evaluated to truly handle
> multiple-nagios environments.

Well.. yeah.  If your Nagios servers are in completely different locations on
your network, then the dependancy tree will look completely different for many
hosts.

If you want some dependancy scheme that will allow you to use identical
configuration files for Nagios servers in disparate locations, I'm sure the
Nagios developers would love to hear your ideas.

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration Authority
Technical Support Programmer                    350 Sparks Street, Suite 1110