Host Down

Gerald Wichmann gwichman at zantaz.com
Thu Jan 22 20:22:05 CET 2004

This is something else entirely. I've read the documentation and have a
distributed environment running 4 nagios servers for over a year. Needless
to say if I manually run check_host_alive according to checkcommand.cfg from
the distributed nagios server that monitors the new hosts I've added it
comes back as the host being OK. So why then is Nagios reporting the server
down while all the services report up? There's something going on here I'm
just not catching.. Probably because I've got half a dozen other things (non
nagios related) I'm trying to get done at the same time.

Gerald