monitor disk use whith no remote agent ???

Francois JEANMOUGIN Francois.JEANMOUGIN at 123multimedia.com
Thu Jan 22 11:13:42 CET 2004

Yohann DESQUERRE (DSI NOISIEL) :
> I'd like to know if there is a way to monitor the disk use witout
> install a remote agent (as nrpe) !!!

You need to connect to the machine you want to monitor. If you don't want to use nrpe, you can use :
- snmp (not so easy to learn)
- ssh (you make a key exchange between nagios and a regular user on the server, then you just have to launch something like ssh user at server df ).

There are other, unsecure, method you can find (rsh, etc.), I would not advise to you.

François.