Check for HP Printers

Mark Wagner markwag+nagios at u.washington.edu
Wed Jan 21 23:46:47 CET 2004

On 21 January 2004 at 12:41, "Brian Hendrix" <bhendrix at stthomas.org> wrote:

> Can you elaborate on the last part of your message:
> lpq/rlpq | egrep 'this|that|theotherthing'
>
> I have been a Unix Administrator for 11 years and understand the
> command, just not the context of how it would be run in relation to
> check_tcp.

I recommend examining RFC 1179.

The data returned by "lpq" (i.e., "Send queue state (long)") is
unspecified but it may be useful information such as "jammed" or "OK."

If the former, then something like

negate check_tcp -H <pinter> -p 515 -s `printf "\x3\n"` -e "jammed"

may be useful.

If the latter, then something like

check_tcp -H <pinter> -p 515 -s `printf "\x3\n"` -e "OK"

may be useful.

--
Mark Wagner markwag at u.washington.edu 206-598-0302
Unix System Administrator, Radiation Oncology and Radiology