Check for HP Printers

Michael Tucker mtucker at airmail.net
Wed Jan 21 21:28:38 CET 2004

On Wednesday, January 21, 2004, at 01:34  PM, Paul L. Allen wrote:

> ... you could do the same thing the easy way...
> One of the first things I did after installing Nagios was run all the
> standard plugins with -h to see what they did.  One of them (with a
> rather obvious name) turned out to query HP printers that have a
> JetDirect
> interface using SNMP. ...
> --
> Paul Allen
> Softflare Support

Ok, now I'm curious. Maybe I'm being a dummy; or maybe we're not
running the same version of Nagios (and Nagios plugins). But I didn't
find any such command in my set (Nagios 1.1, Nagios plugins 1.3.1,
Solaris 9).

I've got:

check_breeze        check_ifstatus      check_ntp           check_smtp
check_by_ssh        check_imap          check_nwstat        check_spop
check_dig           check_ircd          check_oracle        check_ssh
check_disk          check_load          check_overcr        check_swap
check_disk_smb      check_log           check_ping          check_tcp
check_dns           check_mailq         check_pop           check_time
check_dummy         check_mrtg          check_procs         check_udp
check_flexlm        check_mrtgtraf      check_real          check_ups
check_ftp           check_nagios        check_rpc           check_users
check_http          check_nntp          check_sensors       check_vsz
check_ifoperstatus  check_nt            check_simap         check_wave

I ran each of those with "-h" and looked for something to do with
JetDirect, HP printers, or even just printers in general. If it was
there, I overlooked it.

By the way, running "check_breeze -h", "check_ifoperstatus -h" and
"check_ifstatus -h" produces interesting results. :-)

Yours,
Michael