403 error on Nagios-server

w.pfeiffer at enbw.com w.pfeiffer at enbw.com
Wed Jan 21 11:50:38 CET 2004

Rune Zimmermann wrote:

> I'm trying to move my Nagios-server from a Debian to a
> Trustix, and have
> had severel problems on the way :-( The installation on the Debian was
> from .deb and the one on the Trustix is from source.I have at
> last managed to get the Nagios started on the Trustix with my
> old configuration, but when I try to access the Nagios-page
> on the server
> I get a 403-error.Apache is running fine, and the permissions
> on the directories looks fine.

[dir listing snipped]

> The httpd.conf contains the 2 default nagios-aliases.
> The logs dosn't say anyting I can use.
> Any bright solutions?

I haven't used Trustix yet, but going by the name I guess it's
supposed to be a 'hardened' Linux.  In that case I wouldn't be
surprised if the webserver runs chrooted for security reasons
so the Nagios CGIs would not be able to access anything outside
of the chroot jail.

Kind Regards,
Wolfram Pfeiffer