check_by_ssh

Brian Hendrix bhendrix at stthomas.org
Tue Jan 20 22:41:01 CET 2004

No, not yet.

I am able to do the following from the command line:
ssh -1 <hostname> <command>
(without a passphrase)

I tried the check_by_ssh command with the "-1" (minus one) option from
the command line:
check_by_ssh -1 -H <hostname> -C <command>
(without a passphrase)

Amazingly, it worked. I believe the "-1" says to use ssh protocol 1.

However, when I edit my services.cfg and checkcommands.cfg to include
the new option, I get:
ssh: connect to address 100.1.30.31 port 22: Connection refused

define service{
use generic-service
host_name casbtest
service_description check_total_procs
contact_groups dtroncall
check_command check_by_ssh!check_procs 500 800
}

# 'check_by_ssh' command definition
define command{
command_name check_by_ssh
command_line $USER1$/check_by_ssh -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C $ARG1$ -t 30 -1
}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ><> ~~~
Brian Hendrix
Team Leader
DTR Services
Saint Thomas Health Services
2000 Church Street
Nashville, TN  37236

bhendrix at stthomas.org
(615) 284-5297 (work)
(615) 222-1704 (fax)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whatever you do, do your work heartily,
as for the Lord rather than for men
    - Colossians 3:23
~~~ ><> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>>> "David Olbersen" <DOlbersen at stbernard.com> 1/20/2004 3:05:25 PM

Brian,

I know we went a little off-problem on the list: have you resolved your
SSH issue?

--
David Olbersen
iGuard Engineer

Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any attachments, contains
information that is confidential and/or legally privileged. The information is intended
only for the individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient or the
person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that
you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, distribution,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this email in error, please purge it immediately and notify the sender.