[BUG] check_nrpe fails, SSL handshake error SOLVED

markwag+nagios at u.washington.edu markwag+nagios at u.washington.edu
Tue Jan 20 17:32:35 CET 2004

On 19 January 2004 at 12:49, Michael Tucker <mtucker at airmail.net> wrote:

> I have SOLVED this problem, at least for my Solaris installation.
>
> It turns out that you need the SSL libraries in your system default
> runtime link path. This seems obvious in retrospect, but nobody else
> thought of it either, so I don't feel too bad. :-P

Hmm, IIRC you don't need  the SSL libraries in your system default runtime link path
if you pass ld the -R/path/to/ssl/libs. Something like

LD_FLAGS="-R/path/to/ssl/libs" ./configure

or possibly

CFLAGS="-Wl,-R/path/to/ssl/libs" ./configure

It'd be easier if Solaris' dynamic linker was more like Linux's and
consulted /etc/ld.so.conf for locating shared libs at runtime.

--
Mark Wagner markwag at u.washington.edu 206-598-0302
Unix System Administrator, Radiation Oncology and Radiology