MRTG Script that comes from Nagios site

Johnston Michael J Contr AFRL/DES michael.johnston at kirtland.af.mil
Tue Jan 20 15:06:36 CET 2004

Has anyone had any problems with the mrtg samples that you can find on the
nagios site?  I've set up MRTG so that I can link graphs to services I'm
monitoring, but I keep getting:

"WARNING: Problem with External get
'/usr/local/nagios/libexec/mrtg_temptraxe -H 10.10.10.10 -p 1':
   Expected a Number for 'out' but nothing'"

MRTG expects 4 outputs, but only one seems to be sent:

1. Line: current state of the 'incoming bytes counter'
2. Line: current state of the 'outgoing bytes counter'
3. Line: string, telling the uptime of the target.
4. Line: telling the name of the target.

I know this is a Nagios mail list, but I'm hoping that someone out there
bought the temptrax model E off the Nagios site like I did and had the same
problem.  I'm using MRTG 2.10.12.  I've been given several suggestions about
modify that mrtg_temptraxe script to provide the missing outputs, but I
honestly don't know how to do that.  Any help would be awesome.