Checking CPU Utilization

Mark Reis mcr2z at cs.virginia.edu
Mon Jan 19 21:49:16 CET 2004

Hello,

I'm looking for a light weight command which will return current cpu
percentages and then quits like uptime, but with percentages and not load?
What I'd ideally like to do is to combine this tool with NRPE and mrtg so I
can graph the %CPU usage on compute servers our students use to run jobs.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a tool?

Thanks,
Mark R.