Nagios Negate

Simon Lorenz simon.lorenz at fresca.co.uk
Mon Jan 19 15:00:28 CET 2004

Am I correct in thinking that the Nagios negate plug-in only works as a
wrapper for plug-ins that require no options? When running it always returns
an error that suggests this is so:

./negate ./check_http -H 192.168.0.100
./negate: invalid option -- H
negate: Unknown argument - H

If so are there other options out there, or will I need to write my own?

What I am trying to do is get the check_http plug-in to check for a specific
piece of content, that will only be shown if there IS a problem. To do this
I need to reverse the response generated by this plug-in, so that it
generates a CRITICAL alert if it finds the string.

Many thanks

Simon