weird permissions problem

Greg Vickers g.vickers at qut.edu.au
Mon Jan 19 12:05:12 CET 2004

Hi all,

I'm running Nagios 1.1 under Debian and I have observed this strange problem:

If any of my config files are permissions o-r, I get 'not authorized' for
any host/service in Nagios.

Here is a sample of a config file:
vickersg at host:/etc/nagios/objects/hostgroups/blah/blah/blah$ ll
total 4
-rw-rw-r--    1 vickersg nagios        164 Jan 19 20:50 servers.hostgroup.cfg

If I 'chmod o-r servers.hostgroup.cfg' then the web page won't show me any
information at all.

Has anyone else seen this problem or am I just thinking strangely?

=================================
Greg Vickers
Computer Systems Officer
Student Support and Systems,