nrpe on Microsoft machines

Michael Tucker mtucker at airmail.net
Fri Jan 16 23:03:37 CET 2004

On Friday, January 16, 2004, at 03:41  PM, Neil wrote:

> Hi Michael,
> I got the nrpe working in FreeBSD. And it's able to monitor my /usr
> and /var. I also got it compiled and installed in Solaris 8. Problem
> is that, I tried running the check_disk which I copied from my freebsd
> or linux and this is what I got in solaris:
> check_disk: Cannot find /lib/ld-linux.so.2
> So looks like i need to install a linux dependency. What would it be
> then?

A program compiled for Linux is unlikely to run on Solaris. In the
first place, the hardware is different (assuming that you are running
on Sun hardware, and not Solaris/x86 running on Intel hardware). In the
second place, the operating systems are different.

You might as well compile a program for MacOS (on Macintosh) and expect
it to run on Windows. As we say in the south, "That dog won't hunt."

You need to compile Nagios on the Solaris 8 box; that will create your
check_disk executable, for the correct operating system and hardware.

Yours,
Michael