Passing Macros to $ARG1$

Brian E. Seppanen seppy at chartermi.net
Fri Jan 16 22:11:13 CET 2004

I have a command definition that includes

        command_line    $USER1$/check_something -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C $ARG1$

Often times I have a different argument that needs to be passed to -C

So I have various macros defined

$USER5$=A
$USER6$=B
$USER7$=C

In my service definition I'm trying to do the following

define service{
        use                             telepathic-service

        hostgroup_name                  something
        service_description             TEST
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              2
        normal_check_interval           15
        retry_check_interval            2
        contact_groups                  me,myself,andi
        notification_interval           60
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r
        check_command                   check_something!$USER15$
        register                        1
        }

It does not appear that $USER15$ is passed as $ARG1$ however

as I get invalid argument =

from check_something.

Is there any way around this?

Brian Seppanen