Quick question

Thilanka Samarasekera thilanka at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 16 15:54:40 CET 2004

I am new to this monitoring tool. And I have tried various ways to install this but something is not quite right. Can someone lend a hand to this newbie. Thanks in advance.

I ran the command:

# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/nagios --with-cgiurl=/nagios/cgi-bin --with-htmurl=/nagios/ --with-nagios-user=nagios --with-nagios-grp=nagios

As you can see everything is default values, and I get this:

*** Configuration summary for nagios 1.1 06-02-2003 ***:
 General Options:
 -------------------------
        Nagios executable:  nagios
        Nagios user/group:  nagios,nagios
       Command user/group:  nagios,nagios
            Embedded Perl:  no
        Install ${prefix}:  /usr/local/nagios
                Lock file:  ${prefix}/var/nagios.lock
           Init directory:  /etc/init.d
 Web Interface Options:
 ------------------------
                 HTML URL:  http://localhost/nagios//
                  CGI URL:  http://localhost/nagios/cgi-bin/
 Traceroute (used by WAP):  /usr/sbin/traceroute
 External Data Routines:
 ------------------------
              Status data:  Default (text file)
              Object data:  Template-based (text file)
             Comment data:  Default (text file)
            Downtime data:  Default (text file)
           Retention data:  Default (text file)
          Peformance data:  Default (external commands)
       Extended info data:  Template-based (text file)

Review the options above for accuracy.  If they look okay,
type 'make all' to compile the main program and CGIs.

htmurl doesn't seem to be right with two trailing slashes. My other question is in the httpd.conf, can you Alias any directory ( not within the htdocs on apache ) to be your htmurl as I have done? Or does it have to be inside the htdocs folder ?