Statusmap - gd problem.

Fri Jan 16 05:51:20 CET 2004

Dear SIr,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and say,

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 08:01:43PM -0800, nagios-users-request at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:

> [...]

This is the key observation (although there may be other problems).

Configure confirms the lib/header locations by compiling a few lines of
code using the paths it found in the gcc options (-I -L -l) .

If it fails, it means that either the libraries _or_ headers are not
where it thought they were or there is another problem (perhaps with
autoconf, but this is almost certainly not the problem here).

Is it psssible that you have a system without the gd headers ?
I have heard it said that one must install the devel RPMS to get the
headers (so that you can compile against the lib rather than using it).

You may want to check that the function gdImagePng _is_ in the libs
that ldconfig says it is eg

eg on this non RH system

FreeBSD 4.9                     October 3, 1993
FreeBSD 4.9
tsitc> ldconfig -r | grep -i gd
        115:-lgdk12.2 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libgdk12.so.2
        126:-lgdbm.2 => /usr/local/lib/libgdbm.so.2
        128:-lgd.2 => /usr/local/lib/libgd.so.2
        148:-lgd.0 => /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg/libgd.so.0
tsitc> nm /usr/local/lib/libgd.so.2 | grep gdImagePng
00008d60 T gdImagePng
00008dfc T gdImagePngCtx
00008da4 T gdImagePngPtr
0000826c T gdImagePngToSink
tsitc>

When you see T you are in luck, U means out of it.

Yours sincerely.
Stanley Hopcroft

from Meditation 17, J Donne.