[OT] Posting etiquette [DEAD THREAD]

Michael Tucker mtucker at airmail.net
Tue Jan 13 23:54:45 CET 2004

On Tuesday, January 13, 2004, at 04:30  PM, Joe Rhett wrote:

> I'll pay attention to your content-nazi approach when less than half of
> the messages posted to this list stop including the signatures and
> advertising of the previous writer.
>
> --
> Joe Rhett                                                      Chief
> Geek
> JRhett at Isite.Net                                      Isite Services,
> Inc.

*Ding!* We have a winner, by Godwin's Law[1]. You were the first to
mention Nazis. Ergo, you have forfeited the discussion, and the thread
is dead.

By the way, if you can't stand courteous advice without being offended
(especially when couched with "this is my opinion, yours might vary"),
you might stay away from public forums.

To quote you:
> This person evidently feels that their (misguided) opinion is so
> perfect
> and true that they are justified in calling people names and talking
> down
> to them like a child.  Given that this individual appears to have
> missed
> the point of the original post entirely, he's just spewing smoke.
>
> I am officially requesting that this person be asked to take their
> condescending and insulting behavior elsewhere.

Pot == kettle?

And what, by the way, did your first reply in this thread (let alone
your last one) have to do with "the point of the original post"...
which was "Problem with NRPE"?

Michael

[1]  <http://www.jargon.net/jargonfile/g/GodwinsLaw.html>