log file keeps deleting upon rotation

Tory M. Skyers tskyers at foxroach.com
Tue Jan 13 14:37:48 CET 2004

I had log rotation set to daily, recently Nagios has been deleting all the
contents of my logs on rotation. When I look in the archives directory my
logs are all 33bytes. What gives, is this a bug? A bad setting on my part?
Has anyone else experienced this?

I tested it w/ weekly rotation, and sure enough at the end of the week it
wiped out the entire weeks log.

In addition, I have notifications set to 60 minutes, I have ping checks
every 5 minutes, but Nagios sends out notifications every 10 minutes, why I
don't know. Nowhere in my conf files do I have notifications set to 10
minutes, nor in my groups or actually anywhere. Is there something I'm
missing?

One other issue, on the host or service status page the count for the number
of hosts and services fluctuates. It goes down a couple hosts a couple
services, but it never goes above the number I have defined.

Tory Skyers
Network Administrator
Prudential Fox & Roach
tskyers at foxroach.com