Nagios Status Map - Center of the universe

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at stanford.edu
Mon Jan 12 22:20:44 CET 2004

--On Monday, January 12, 2004 1:09 PM -0800 Jason Martin
<jhmartin at toger.us> wrote:

> I believe any host that does not have a parent specified is implicitly a
> child of Nagios.

This doesn't solve anything, because almost none of my hosts are children
of Nagios -- They are children of the switch to which they are connected,
many of which live far away from the Nagios service.  Specifying no parent
just means that Nagios thinks they are all on the same switch.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer