NSCA: Unrecognized External Commands

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Sat Jan 10 17:57:05 CET 2004

It is certainly possible to do a distributed setup using all 1.1 servers exclusively and probably with 2.0 being your central server but not a 2.0 box being your distributed server unless you disable the sending of passive host checks somehow. You'll just have to remember that passive host checks would not be supported. You didn't really answer the question, are you using 2.0 in your current environment? AFAIK, that's the only way, besides a non-distribution script, that would inject the PROCESS_PASSIVE_HOST_CHECK command. As far as using 2.0 in a production environment, I personally would proceed with extreme caution. The code is still considered by Ethan to be alpha quality and the documentation is incomplete so YMMV.