NEED HELP setting up distributed monitoring

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Jan 9 17:42:56 CET 2004

I'll give it a shot. I (and anyone else) will need to see the relevant
configuration information: host and service definitions on both
machines, nagios.cfg on both machines, command definitions related to
your OCSP command, the submit-check-result script itself, both nsca
configs, permissions and ownership on your external command file on your
central host, whether you're running nsca in daemon or inetd mode on the
central host and anything else you can think of that might be pertinent.

Have you tried enabling debugging in nsca on your central host to see if
your distributed server is even attempting to connect? Is there anything
interesting in your nagios.log or messages log on your central server
that would indicate that the connections or commands are being rejected?

--
Marc