Service Dependency Templates

Chris chris at sightspeed.com
Wed Jan 7 21:22:01 CET 2004

Hello All,

I finally started getting my nagios monitoring dialed in nicely using the
template system, having semi incomplete templates not registered and being
used by my other templates.

I'm wondering if I can use the same system with dependencies?
I want to make a template like this...

define servicedependency{
	service_description		Ping Check
	dependent_service_description	*
	execution_failure_criteria	w,u,c
	notification_failure_criteria	w,u,c
	name					SrvDep
}

Then have each one of my hosts use the template SrvDep like this...

define servicedependency{
	host_name				MailSrvr
	dependent_host_name		MailSrvr
	use					SrvDep
}

Goal being to make all services on the MailSrvr dependent on Ping and if
Ping fails it will stop checks on all other services.

But from looking at the docs it seems like servicedependency does have the
name/use feature for templating.

Thanks,
         Chris S.
         RHCE,CCNA