nsca version problems?

Mark Musone mmusone at shatterit.com
Wed Jan 7 17:03:11 CET 2004

hi all, I recently upgraded to nsca 2.4 from nsca 2.1 …but heres the
rub..
the nsca server is running 2.1, and I have most servers currently
running nsca 2.1

I have some new servers running 2.4 ..

but the nsca 2.4 clients cant seem to communicate with the nsca 2.1
server.

I’m getting the following error in the server logs:
Received invalid packet type/version from client - possibly due to
client using wrong pass
word or crypto algorithm?

however the 2.1 clients, 2.1 server and 2.4 clients all have
decryption_method=1 (simple XOR)

was there a change in the simple xor method??
is there a reason why a 2.4 client cant work with a 2.1 server?

what if  I make the server 2.4? will 2.1 clients work with a 2.4 server?

any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark

---