Tactical view and passive service checks in nagios 1.x

Andre Bergei andre.bergei at ementor.no
Wed Jan 7 16:59:44 CET 2004

Hi group.

 The tactical view on my central server does not show "unhandeled problems" for my passive  checks , they are viewed as "disabled", is this normal behaviour?

 I would think that passive checks would benefit from the tactical event flags, as
"unhandeled problem" is crucial for problem tracking.

Is there any way to activate normal tactical flags for passive checks, or remove the "disabled" status without activatin active checks for the services?

I've tried to enable the global active check option, and disabled
Active check for each service check template so "all host enabled" in tactical view got green status, but that did not resolv the "fault".

I've also tried latest CVS version of nagios 1.x, with the same result.

best
André Bergei
Network and system monitoring

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine"
 -- RFC 1925