cgi permission problem

gillian bennett gillian.bennett at celentia.com
Wed Jan 7 00:17:30 CET 2004

Hi,

I have used nagios for ages and had no problems. However, I am setting
1.1 up on fedora core 1.0 for the first time and am having some problems
with the cgi permissions. Web access is authenticating fine, and I see
which user I am actually logged in as. However, no matter which user I
use, whether an authenticated contact or just guest user, I get the same
error all the time when trying to access server/host information:
"It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for
any of these services you requested"

The users I have attempted to use are in the contacts.cfg,
contactgroups.cfg, cgi.cfg, htpasswd.users. I have also put the
.htaccess file containing :
"
AuthName "Nagios Access"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
require vaid-user
"
The ownership of the .htaccess files is nagios:nagios with perms 0700.
The ownership of the htpasswd.users file is nagios:nagios with perms
0770.

I have checked perms for all dirs and files in the ~nagios directories
against one of the sites I have working and all looks just fine.

As I THINK I have read the doco a few times and followed the
instructions, tried doing an strace to follow the process etc, I have
not uncovered any solution to this problem.

If someone has the answer this would be great.

Thanks, Gillian