Fedora

jeff vier jeff.vier at tradingtechnologies.com
Tue Jan 6 21:33:54 CET 2004

I did, but I don't remember exactly what I did to fix it.

Here's my nagios config (with comments and blank lines stripped):
(run 'grep -v "^#" nagios.cfg |grep -v "^$"' to get a comparable version
of your own)
-----------
log_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.log
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/checkcommands.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/misccommands.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/contactgroups.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/contacts.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/dependencies.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/escalations.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/hostgroups.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/hosts.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/services.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/timeperiods.cfg
resource_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/resource.cfg
status_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/status.log
nagios_user=nagios
nagios_group=nagios
check_external_commands=1
command_check_interval=5s
command_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd
comment_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/comment.log
downtime_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/downtime.log
lock_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.lock
temp_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.tmp
log_rotation_method=d
log_archive_path=/usr/local/nagios/var/archives
use_syslog=0
log_notifications=1
log_service_retries=0
log_host_retries=0
log_event_handlers=0
log_initial_states=1
log_external_commands=1
log_passive_service_checks=1
inter_check_delay_method=s
service_interleave_factor=s
max_concurrent_checks=100
service_reaper_frequency=3
sleep_time=1
service_check_timeout=60
host_check_timeout=30
event_handler_timeout=30
notification_timeout=30
ocsp_timeout=5
perfdata_timeout=5
retain_state_information=1
state_retention_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/status.sav
retention_update_interval=14
use_retained_program_state=1
interval_length=60
use_agressive_host_checking=0
execute_service_checks=1
accept_passive_service_checks=1
enable_notifications=1
enable_event_handlers=1
process_performance_data=1
obsess_over_services=0
check_for_orphaned_services=1
check_service_freshness=1
freshness_check_interval=300
aggregate_status_updates=0
status_update_interval=15
enable_flap_detection=0
low_service_flap_threshold=5.0
high_service_flap_threshold=20.0
low_host_flap_threshold=5.0
high_host_flap_threshold=20.0
date_format=us
illegal_object_name_chars=`~!$%^&*|'"<>?,()=
illegal_macro_output_chars=`~$&|'"<>
admin_email=nagios