check_snmp when community string contains a !

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Fri Feb 27 16:43:13 CET 2004

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Karl DeBisschop wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 15:54:05 -0600
> jeff vier <jeff.vier at tradingtechnologies.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 14:48, Andrew_Hoying at blm.gov wrote:
> > > Is it possible to pass a community string with a ! to check_snmp
> > > from nagios, and if so, how?
> >
> > try \!
>
> You might also try putting it into a $USERx$ variable, which if it
> works has the added benefit of prventing its display in the web
> interface.

Unfortunately, that won't work.  As I've brougt up a few times on the list,
$USERn$ variables don't work in service definitions, only command definitions.
It can still be made to work, but it means a separate check command for each
community string in use.

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration Authority
Technical Support Programmer                    350 Sparks Street, Suite 1110