Using dependencies

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Wed Feb 25 23:55:58 CET 2004

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Seth Hollist wrote:

> I've tried to setup the dependencies file according to the documentation,
> but it doesn't seem to be working.  It passes the Nagios -v test, and the
> config file is defined in the main nagios.cfg file.  The Status Map doesn't
> show any kind of hierarchy, and says that everything is a root host.  I also
> don't understand what the notification_failure_criteria parameter is used
> for when used with a dependency.

The status map only indicates the dependancies set up by the 'parents'
directive for hosts.  It doesn't show the extra dependancies set by the
'hostdependancy' objects.

It's quite probable that your dependancies are working correctly.  Have you
tested a failure, to see if the right thing happens with regard to
notification?

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration Authority
Technical Support Programmer                    350 Sparks Street, Suite 1110